SDC Quick Facts
- SDC was founded by husband and wife designers, Claude and Louise Fourie
- Claude Fourie is an Italian trained women's Footwear and Fashion Designer
- Louise Fourie is a successful Interior Designer
- Claude and Louise live with their three children in Milan, Italy
- SDC currently operates 3 campuses: 1 in Europe - Milan, Italy; and 2 campuses in South Africa - city of Durban and Johannesburg
- Further international campuses are planned for the upcoming 5 years
- Each campus is designed by leading Interior Designers who create studios and learning spaces that inspire creativity
- Studios and facilities are well planned and ergonomically laid out
- Many of the campuses are wheelchair-friendly
- Students vote and enlist a Student Representative Council from the student body.
- The SRC is voluntary but special accreditation of membership and other benefits make membership a prized position
- The SRC manages much of the social events on campus
- The SRC meets directly with the Dean on issues raised by the student body
- The SDC Academic board - consists of members of industry and Academics from the institution who research, develop and manage the academic content of SDC programs
- Advisory Board - Completely made up of members of industry and key influential figures within society. Board members use their influence and experience to create opportunities within the industry for SDC. Board members also consult in an advisory role on the direction and aims of each field of study
- SDC Council - Consists of the Directors, Deans, HOD's, Administrators and Service Managers who form the Management team of the Institution.
- School of Design - incorporates all programs related to the design field. SDC first commenced with Design programs only and these therefore form the oldest faculties of the Institution.
- School of Visual Arts - A school of programs that have seen exponential growth in the past 3 years
- School of Creative Business - SDC's newer school and one with a firm focus on programs that aid in employment or entrepreneurial skills
- SDC graduates enjoy a 90% employment rate within the first year of graduation
- SDC boasts a 96% student retention average over a typical 3 year study period
- Since 2005 SDC has grown at an average rate of 105% per annum
- SDC is the only HE institution in Africa with a Campus in Milan, Italy
- SDC is the only HE Design Institution in South Africa with a College in Europe
- SDC Milan is the only Private Design Institution in Milan that is completely internationally owned and operated
- SDC Institutions attract students from over 53 different countries
SDC Values & Mission
- To accept students of all ethnic, cultural and diverse backgrounds in a fair admission process
- To maintain an 'Open Door' policy for students and parents providing free access to College leadership, counselling and administration
- Providing a creative and safe atmosphere for students to freely express themselves
- Provide international, high quality educational programs that produce vital skills for the work place
- To engage students with industry in order to create career opportunities
- To equip students with entrepreneurial skills so those that are not employed are able to start their own businesses
- To strive for excellence in research and innovation
SDC MissionSince its inception, the founders of SDC have sought to provide international, private education to a broad spectrum of nationalities and students in a constant effort to open access to leading higher education to the world. With a strong focus on collaborating with industry, the college programs focus on imparting vital, need-to-know skills for each career type while encouraging research and innovation to set graduates and the institution ahead of the competition.
Accreditations & AffiliationsSDC maintains the highest international standard in Education which is why the college boasts international accreditation status. South Africa has some of the most stringent regulations regarding tertiary education to ensure that all colleges and qualifications are legitimate and of a high standard.
Accreditation is an ongoing process as colleges such as SDC strive to improve and add new programs to meet the needs of industry. SDC enjoys accreditations and affiliations with the following bodies below. South African applicants are required to contact these bodies for information on the program accreditation status before applying.
Style Design College is registered with APPETD. Go to their website
Style Design College is a proud Institutional member of DEFSA. Go to their website
Business and Arts South Africa. Go to their website
Style Design College is provisionally registered with the Department of Education.
Style Design College enjoys provisional accreditation by the Council for Higher Education.
SDC, along with each course have been internationally accredited by the International Accreditation and Recognition Council. This means students qualifications are recognised around the world and have been accredited according to an International standard. Go to their website
All qualifications are required to be registered by the South African Qualifications Authority.
SDC is an Education member of the South African Graphic Design Council. Go to their website
Style Design College is registered as an approved Interior Design institute with the South African Institute of Interior Design Professionals. Go to their website
Community ServiceSDC is a proud supporter of the Matthew Willman Foundation. Apart from bursaries offered to under-privileged applicants, each college department plans annual charity initiatives such as our annual orphanage home make-over.
To sponsor or assist in our next charity drive please contact our administration department.