SDC Quick Facts
- SDC was originally founded by Italian trained Fashion and Interior designers in 2002.
- The Institution expanded across the Globe opening Institutions on 2 continents.
- In 2012 SDC was acquired by an Italian Education Group, ECD - who chose to focus its resources in Online, Long-Distance Education and set out in developing one of the fastest growing Private, Online Institutions in Europe.
- The ECD Academic board - consists of members of industry and Academics from the institution who research, develop and manage the academic content of SDC programs.
- Advisory Board - Completely made up of members of industry and key influential figures within society. Board members use their influence and experience to create opportunities within the industry for SDC. Board members also consult in an advisory role on the direction and aims of each field of study
- ECD Council - Consists of the Director, HOD's, Administrators and Service Managers who form the Management team of the Institutions.
SDC Online Schools
- School of Design - incorporates all programs related to the design field. SDC first commenced with Design programs only and these therefore form the oldest faculties of the Institution.
- School of Visual Arts - A school of programs that have seen exponential growth in the past 3 years
- School of Creative Business - SDC's newer school and one with a firm focus on programs that aid in employment or entrepreneurial skills
- Since its inception SDC graduates have enjoyed a 90% International employment rate within the first year after graduation
- SDC boasts a 96% student retention average over a typical 3 level, undergraduate BA Degree study period
- Since 2012 SDC has grown at an average rate of 400% per annum
- ECD Institutions attract learners from over 55 countries worldwide
SDC Values & Mission
- To accept learners of all ethnic, cultural and diverse backgrounds in a fair admission process
- To maintain an 'Open Door' policy for learners and parents providing free access to College leadership, counselling and administration
- Providing a creative and safe atmosphere for students to freely express themselves
- Provide international, high quality educational programs that produce vital skills for the work place
- To engage students with industry in order to create career opportunities
- To equip learners with entrepreneurial skills so those that are not employed are able to start their own businesses
- To strive for excellence in research and innovation
ECD / SDC Online Mission
Since its inception, the founders of SDC sought to provide international, private education to a broad spectrum of nationalities and learners in a constant effort to broaden access to higher education throughout the world. With a strong focus on collaborating with industry, the college programs focus on imparting vital, need-to-know skills for each career type while encouraging research and innovation setting graduates ahead of the competition. ECD/SDC is proud to carry on in this tradition and confident in further introducing European resources, tutors and assurance policies to ensure further success.
ECD/SDC is registered as a Private Higher Education Provider in the European State of Italy. It therefore practices its authority and legal right acting as an Education Provider and Qualification issuer up to and including Undergraduate level. Qualification levels of each country vary but undergraduate levels include Higher education Certificates, Diplomas and Associate level/Bachelor of Arts Degrees. As the Institute is a Foreign College focusing on educating European Design, Arts and Photography practices in the English Language and at Undergraduate level the Institute is exempt from Government accreditation. Recognition of ECD/SDC qualifications are based on International Industry acknowledgment and cooperation since 2002 which have proven to work by the Institutes impeccable employment rate. For many learners the substance and prestige of a European qualification is what inspires them to progress through their studies.
Graduates have the ability of transferring their credits to other Institutes, Private or Governmental, as the Institute complies with the 'Bologna Policy' regarding credit transfer. Learners are assessed after every assignment and credits are awarded based on the Institutes credit weighting system, Learners completing Degrees are required to research and compile a dissertation which is moderated externally. All Graduating learners are able to receive a Transcript along with their Certificate as well as an 'Learning Outcome Framework' of the Program which they have completed, highlighting all learning outcomes and skills that have been attained. All forthcoming documentation is used by those graduates who wish to seek recognition of their European certification from their own various Governmental Qualification authorities.