SDC Quick Facts
- SDC was originally founded by husband and wife designers, in Milan, Italy.
- The Institution expanded across the Globe opening Campuses on 2 continents
- in 2012 the Founder and Director of SDC chose to retire
- ECD Societa, an Italian Education Group acquired the rights to SDC Online choosing to focus its resources on Online, Long-Distance Education only.
- The ECD Academic board - consists of members of industry and Academics from the institution who research, develop and manage the academic content of SDC programs.
- Advisory Board - Completely made up of members of industry and key influential figures within society. Board members use their influence and experience to create opportunities within the industry for SDC. Board members also consult in an advisory role on the direction and aims of each field of study
- ECD Council - Consists of the Director, HOD's, Administrators and Service Managers who form the Management team of the Institutions.
SDC Online Schools
- School of Design - incorporates all programs related to the design field. SDC first commenced with Design programs only and these therefore form the oldest faculties of the Institution.
- School of Visual Arts - A school of programs that have seen exponential growth in the past 3 years
- School of Creative Business - SDC's newer school and one with a firm focus on programs that aid in employment or entrepreneurial skills
- SDC graduates enjoy a 90% International employment rate within the first year of graduation
- SDC boasts a 96% student retention average over a typical 3 level, undergraduate BA Degree study period
- Since 2005 SDC has grown at an average rate of 105% per annum
- ECD Institutions attract learners from over 55 different countries
SDC Values & Mission
- To accept learners of all ethnic, cultural and diverse backgrounds in a fair admission process
- To maintain an 'Open Door' policy for learners and parents providing free access to College leadership, counselling and administration
- Providing a creative and safe atmosphere for students to freely express themselves
- Provide international, high quality educational programs that produce vital skills for the work place
- To engage students with industry in order to create career opportunities
- To equip learners with entrepreneurial skills so those that are not employed are able to start their own businesses
- To strive for excellence in research and innovation
ECD / SDC Online Mission
Since its inception, the founders of SDC sought to provide international, private education to a broad spectrum of nationalities and learners in a constant effort to broaden access to higher education to the world. With a strong focus on collaborating with industry, the college programs focus on imparting vital, need-to-know skills for each career type while encouraging research and innovation to set graduates and the institution ahead of the competition. ECD is proud to carry on in this tradition and excited to introduce its European resources to the successful Institution.